This past summer we have had the opportunity to revamp a backyard that we landscaped the first time in 2009. This great family of 8 decided it was time for a pool! Here are some of the things they were hoping for:
- Resort atmosphere
- A medium sized pool with a sun deck
- A fire pit area with bench seating
- A large patio for gatherings & dining with ample seating
- Great outdoor lighting
- An open grass area for play & a trampoline
- Modern planting areas
- A wrought iron fence
- Privacy block on the east and west sides of the yard
- Challenge: Keep all the pool equipment inconspicuous!
I drew much of the inspiration for this project from the following:
3D renderings of my design for the pool/lounge area
This model includes a fire pit area with permanent seating and wall lights. (8) annual planters with up lighting on each planter and a decorative wall on the south side of the pool using a white ledger stone.
I will be sharing my mood board with the details soon; plants, hard scape materials, lighting fixtures and so on.